Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Shower #2


Sara made this diaper cake - how adorable is that?! It has binkies, spoons, rattles, bows and more all around it. And it is such a cute decoration! Gotta love creative people! Sara threw my baby shower in Idaho. She did a PHENOMENAL job. I know she's been looking forward to this for months and has worked so hard to pull all the details together. John, her husband, kindly allowed her to do this for me and this baby girl. He should be thanked as well. They are such great friends with us and we sure appreciate all they do for us!

What's a party without balloons?! 50 to be exact! This is Sara and my little brother, Colton. They sorted them out of the bunch.

And here's Daddy, helping with set-up.

Is this not too pretty to take apart?! I don't want to, but I may have to use the diapers, right?! Chrissy, my sister-in-law, made this. It was her first one, too! It has a book, rattles, binkies, bottles and more in it. What a great gift idea! But she had to top it all with ANOTHER gift! She got me a fantastic breast pump which will be most useful in the months to come! She is a saint!

Don't get me started on the cakes...they were amazing! Sara had a bakery make these and they were incredible! They tasted great and were so pretty. How spoiled am I?

Love them!

And here's me and Mom after the shower...recovering. I was so happy my parents got to come to town for the weekend. It was great to have them. They almost didn't come, due to family health challenges, so we were thrilled when they made it!
These flowers were beautiful. Sara didn't know it, but these were my wedding flowers and I love them. They were so pretty I didn't think they were real. We are still enjoying them!
We had more dessert than what you saw earlier...just in case we ran out, Sara got a COSTCO chocolate cake = my favorite. And somehow she didn't know that either! I thought she knew me better! She brought it in and I started laughing and she didn't know why...my mom laughed, knowing that is my favorite. She is just too good.
I am amazed that it's edible! I still have it in the fridge and it's been a few days...I need to break into it! They were chocolate cakes with an incredible pudding filling between each layer! mmmm!
I love this...Sara is a genius - she had this great idea to do an impromptu choir for me. She had everyone sing songs about motherhood. How did come up with it? They sang "I often go Walking", "Mother, tell me the Story" and one more that I can't recall...baby brain. Anyway, it made me cry for several reasons: It caught me off guard, first of all; and mostly because for years I have looked forward to being a mother and it is finally coming true! These songs remind me of Mother's Day, which has been a hard day for me the past few years especially. That was why I had such a hard time keeping it together, but it was my favorite part of the shower. Plus, I'm emotional because I'm eight months pregnant! Hello!
I snapped a few pictures between tears. What a great shower it was! I wish I would have taken more pictures, but here's what you get! The food was incredible and I should of got some of that. I should have taken pictures of all my loot piled up! I got some amazing gifts and am so grateful to all my dear friends who are supportive and excited for us! We are so blessed!

5 comments:

Momza said...

What a wonderful celebration for you and Jason and the new baby...given by the good people we know and love in Meridian. Wish I had been there!

Perkes Family said...

Sounds like you had a couple of amazing showers! I am so happy for you.

Sara said...

Song #3: Mother I love you.

Okay, I love that song, but I've been singing it non stop in my head, outloud, whistling it for a WEEK now. It's like "the song that never ends!"

:)

Jessie's Jargon said...

Wow. Your shower looks so extravagant! Looks like it was a great time!

Redondo's said...

Bergen! I love your babies room and the name is adorable, I can't wait for you to post some pictures, I added you to my blog, hope you don't mind:) so sorry I was sick for your shower, I will come after you are recovered a little, have you had her yet???
melody