Friday, August 27, 2010

White Reunion

My brother, Judson, getting Jada's feet wet in the (I think) cold water :D My dad's family reunion was the first weekend in August so we made the trek to WA for the last time in a while. It was a very hard trip for me and Jada. We had a good time and here is some proof.


This is the day before, Jada will hardly let me play without being on my lap. My lap is getting smaller by the minute so I set her on the side. She was pretty happy with that for a few minutes. I love my mom's piano...makes my mouth water just looking at it. The sound of this baby is unreal. The 35 foot ceilings add to the acoustics, making it sound incredible. And it's in perfect tune, a change from my 112 year old piano...which I do love. Nothing like mom's, though :D Daddy took Jada in the lake. This is Lake Chelan, where my grandparents have this house on the water. We grew up about 45 minutes from here and spent many a summer in these waters. They used to be warmer, I'm sure.

She loves the water. Even on an overcast day, what a sport.


There was a huge slip'n'slide that went into the water...how fun! The kids put dish soap on it and it was so slick! They went down on tubes and in groups. I watched, glad I couldn't do it...I'm sure getting old, how lame.

Here's the bottom half, into the water.

Don't know how this got in this post, but it's here, why not? This was recently at our friends' neighborhood pool. Jada was a happy girl there too.



Back to the trip: Grama and Jada before we left town. How good does my mom look?! She is so cute and is feeling great! What a miracle in our lives. She hasn't had any growth of the tumors since her diagnosis, which is very VERY rare. In fact, her doctors don't know what to call her situation. Remission is technically after a year of no growth, I think. But she has gone over that and in fact has had the tumors shrink each scan! The Lord work in mysterious ways. We just keep trusting in Him and praying for her health.

Kisses for their Jada!


Woke up after 11am and was very thirsty! Go figure. This girl is such a sleeper! Love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE your mom's piano! I remember when Jess and I got to experience the amazing-ness that is hearing that wonderful piano. So cute that Jada wants to be right there. She is going to be another little musician like her mom and grandma. Love you and your family.