
They are here! For those who haven't heard, I had the triplets on Thursday, November 4th. They are now 11 days old and I am just getting around to posting and it will be quick...I have been very busy as you can imagine. They are still in the hospital NICU and I am gone 8 hours a day counting the 2 hours driving there and back. I go in the morning and then at night. Jason goes once a day with me. Jada goes every other day or so. It's been exhausting but so worth it all. Their names are Aniston, Makenna and Tyson. They weighed respectively 4 lbs. 5 oz., 4 lbs., and 4 lbs. 7 oz. I've lost over 50 lbs. already and feel so much better! I didn't realize how hard the pregnancy was until it was over. So nice to be done. The story is long, but I will tell highlights: I was admitted to antepartum on Wednesday night for the swelling in my leg, high blood pressure, preeclamptic symptoms basically. The next day I was fine. Jas and Jada came to visit me. We watched cartoons and ate breakfast. When they left I started having terrible contractions. My nurse checked me and I was completely closed. I still felt terrible and had to stand at the foot of my bed since the pain was so bad. I couldn't even lay down. After an hour and a half I told her the pain was significantly worse and I needed to push. Her eyes got huge and told me not to. I asked to go potty, and I pushed a tiny bit and boom, my water broke. I was shaking terribly and knew I was having these babies now. All sorts of people were there in seconds, including my doc. I didn't know he was in the building and there he was, magically. He checked me and said, "She's complete, let's go to the O.R.!" What? How? in an hour? It took me 12 to dilate with Jada and that was on pitocin. So a nurse asked Jason's number, I somehow came up with it. They got me on the table in the O.R. and had a hard time getting my spinal in, but got it. Then the babies came in less than a minute. So incredible. Jason didn't even make it, sadly. He drove like a mad man, but got there right after Tyson was born. They were out within about 12 minutes from when my water broke. Aniston almost fell out, so it was all they could do to just take her before she came...they don't like to do vaginal deliveries and c-sections in the same delivery. The pressure relief was amazing. I was so happy to see them and meet them. They are so perfect. They are so adorable. They look like babies, not aliens, which I was worried about. They came at 32 weeks and 2 days. I wanted to go a couple more weeks and would have spent that in the hospital but my body was just done and I can't blame it. It was a very difficult pregnancy and I'm just happy they are healthy. and they are. They have no problems, all breathing well. They have to learn to eat...to suck, swallow and breathe at the same time, which is hard...and that usually happens in another week or so. We are just enjoying them for now and are so grateful they are here to love and be part of our family forever.

Jada meeting Aniston. Wow, a real baby. She was pretty scared of them at first. She loves them all so much!

My parents and brother came right away. Here's my mom with Aniston and me holding Makenna.

My girls. Ans on left, Kenna on right.

Jada kissing Aniston. So sweet.

Daddy holding Tyson. All these hats are from volunteers, isn't that so sweet?!

Kenna, still on some oxygen.

My parents...Aniston with Papa, Makenna with Grama.

Tyson Charles. I can't figure out why some of these won't rotate...but I don't have time to mess with it. He looks like Jas to me. So cute!

Me and Kenna.

My thumb, Jason's, and Tyson's foot. Crazy small.

Aniston Janae - wide awake.

Makenna Joy - wide awake.

Who gets four bands? Me!

Jada wrapping her baby in bows. She just loves babies and it's a good thing!

a shot of Aniston's crazy long fingers! They all have long fingers like Jason but she wins.

Uncle Juddy with Jada on the way to see the babes. We'd never be able to do this without his help! He is why I can be there so much, thanks a ton, Jud!

Mommy and Kenna.

Daddy holding the girls. Kenna on left, Ans on right. You can see Makenna has light hair and Aniston has dark. They look so different...that's what I wanted :D

Makenna...so precious.

My birthday was a week after I had them. Jas took me to dinner and we had the best time ever. It was so nice to leave the house for a date, we have had date night at home for months. Our favorite restaurant and great conversation and ALONE! Why didn't he smile? don't know. but I sure love him! then we went to see the babes. It was a great night. I'm now another year older and hopefully wiser!

Jada eating a messy breakfast. Apples...then hashbrowns...she was dipping the apples in the ketchup...silly girl.

Our whole family! The triplets are now in a big crib together and are so much happier! They are doing great and so are we!

All of our kids in one crib. Jada is so fascinated by them!

Me and my babies...so fun! Aniston has the dark hair, Kenna is up on my chest and Ty is to the right.

Frog-man...Ty, sporting his long fingers.

On my birthday, I wanted to hold all of them at once, but didn't think their cords would stretch...Oh yes, they could! It felt so physically good to all be together again. What a great birthday gift! Makenna on left, then Aniston and Tyson.

Me and my babes.

Ans and Ty spent the night in the crib for a night before Kenna graduated to it. So here they are, snuggled up and ready for bed. They are so sweet. I kiss them soooo much and can't get enough.

Aniston, Makenna and Tyson. Finally together again. Makenna seems to love her hands up and is always hitting them in the face. They don't even care. In fact, if one screams, the others stay asleep...crazy but so nice. We are so blessed and so happy. Just wanted to update everyone who wants to be updated. Love to all from all SIX of us!
15 comments:
yay! congrats, that is exciting. all those little babies what a dream!
Love all the pics! Can't wait to meet them!
What an amazing story and the babies are absolutely precious! Congratulations you guys!
Oh my goodness...they are adorable! I am so happy for you and your family. Good Luck and keep posting! I look forward to the updates :)
Congratulations!! They are so beautiful and tiny and perfect! You look great. Hope everything continues to go well.
What a great story! They are beautiful!! Congrats! I'm so happy for you guys!
This is so amazing! They are all finally here safe and sound! Congrats Berg and Jas!
Congrats! So happy for you guys and glad all are healthy.
They look adorable. Congrats! I love the names.
Your babies (all 4, because we can't leave Jada out) are beautiful! I am so relieved that you were able to carry them for so long. I was praying for you, and was just so happy when I knew you'd passed the 25 week mark.
What a miracle Berg!! They are all such BEAUTIFUL babies, and it's so nice to know that everything went well. Oh my gosh, I can't believe they came so fast either and that Jas wasn't able to see them being born, but I'll bet he was the happiest papa when he saw his 3 new children. It's amazing. I was worried about you this whole pregnancy and you have handled everything so well and with such a great attitude! I know you are going to be a BUSY BUSY mom now, but I'd love to see them grow and view pics on your blog every once in a while. I love you tons girl! Congrats on these gorgeous healthy babies!
absolutely fantastic!
Love it! Love it! Love it! They are so beautiful, and you look awesome Bergen:) I'm so happy for you all. Keep posting for us, I look forward to your updates!
Bergen this post just made my whole day! What a gorgeous amazing family you have! Such a huge blessing! I sooo sooo wish I could be there to photograph them. Do promise me that if you and the gang ever make it home you will let me take some fun photos for you!
Congrats again!
Oh my gosh they are so adorable. Congrats you guys. I love their names too!
Post a Comment