Here he is!
Dallas Blaine Lee
8 lbs. 10 oz. 20.5 inches
Aug. 8, 2012 12:10pm
love at first sight
He was so alert right away. Didn't want to eat but just to look around. He is precious!
Jada came a few hours later to meet him. She has been looking forward to this for months. and it was so fun to have her come. I was so excited for it since it was her dream come true. She loved him instantly and was so quiet and sweet. She kept telling us to be quiet, that he was sleeping.
She put his cowboy hat on him the first morning he was home. So cute. a sleeping cowboy.
First bath. He loved it. Relaxed so much and just let me wash him.
Full tummy, happy boy.
She loves him and gives him kisses all the time. It's so sweet. The triplets haven't been around him much but see him from across the room...they love his eyes...you know, poking them :D Tyson is so cute when he sees him. He kicks and screams and points and laughs and just goes nuts over him. They will have fun for sure! The girls just say "baby" and "brother" and that's about their excitement..but Tyson...he knows what's going on...he isn't the only boy anymore! yay!
So Dallas had a little jaundice and had to wear the bili blanket for a couple days. It was quite annoying to have him tethered to the wall all the time. I'm glad it was only a couple days. It's just a rectangle pad that you put in their onesie around the clock. He did like the sound of the fan and slept well with it in his crib. He was such a trooper. I don't think it was very comfortable but he was a good boy through it all. He had to get 2 blood draws to check levels each day. It was irritating to have to take him to the hospital/doctor 4 days in a row but we survived and his levels came down and he is doing great now.
He was glowing. Jada loved that it was like Rapunzel's hair.
Such a sweet boy. We are so happy to have him here!
Folding his arms. See those long Lee fingers? Yep, he looks like his Daddy...same chin, lips, hands and feet.
say what??? I caught him raising his eyebrows. Doesn't he look like Jason? I wanted him to and it's fun that he does!
serious face
I love this sweet thing!
First ride in the sling. Just making sure he likes it since we are flying on Monday and I don't wanna haul the car seat all over the airports.
So I'll tell the quick version of his birth story: We had an induction scheduled for Monday, Aug. 6. I need to get home to spend time with my mother and needed to go before school started and my sitter is unable to help as much, so I wanted to have him born so he wouldn't be so small when we flew. Well, that just wasn't how it happened. They didn't have room for us on Monday but every 2 hours they were assuring us we would still get in that day. So it was a day of waiting and being disappointed. Very long. I called all night too, they had us on standby...11pm, 3am, 6am, then at 8am I called my doctor and said I wanted to come get my membranes stripped so I could get going and get admitted. So we went in and did that, which was worse than childbirth by far. Then we walked for an hour. Checked into triage and got monitored, then they had us walk, checked me, etc...I was a 3.5. No water broken, so after 6 hours of triage we went home. So frustrating. Jason had cancelled patients for Monday and Tuesday and here we were Tuesday night and still no baby, so now he had to keep cancelling his patients...we were both done with the hospital and dealing with them all. Why couldn't I just have a baby? So they promised to get me in Wednesday morning. So we went home and tried to sleep. Then at 5am my water broke. Yes! Now they can't turn me away! plus I didn't really want to be induced anyway...I like the idea of having my body go into labor on its own. So it all worked out perfectly. I showered, woke up Jason and we went downtown. Got a great nurse, epidural, and nap. It was the beginning of a fabulous day.
At 11am I was dilated 8.5cm. Great! He is coming soon! I was guessing more like 3pm, so the nurse got the dr. close by and the table set up. By then it was noon and I was feeling contractions pretty hard so they said to push on the next one. About 5 minutes later Dallas came! It was such a great experience and I'm so glad it happened like it did. What a miracle it is to give birth. This sweet little boy has been such a joy to have in our home. Jada is a great helper. She really is. It may be because I've trained her to be or that she acts older than 3, but she sure does help me. She can follow directions so well and is so happy and fun. Dallas is a dream baby. He sleeps all the time. He eats great and not very often. He's been going 6 hours between feeds. I've had to wake him up for most feeds because I'm going to explode and he needs to eat! What a champ he is. He waits til I've fed the other kids and then he will start moving and acting like he wants to eat. He waits his turn and is so easy. I knew a singleton would be easy, but he is way easier than I even thought! It's not a big deal to add one more to our mix. All I do is feed people and put them to bed. What's one more? It's been such a good transition from 4 to 5 and that has been a huge blessing. We are so thankful for each of our sweet 5 babies and it's just gettin' better all the time!
3 comments:
Congrats!! I can't imagine how busy you must be! He is adorable.
Congratulations on sweet baby Dallas! He's darling. So sorry to hear your mom isn't doing well . . . many prayers for her and your family!
I can't believe you guys have 5 kids!!! Congrats you two!!! What a blessing to have so many kids!
Post a Comment