
Jada's first Halloween was a great day! She was a pumpkin - in 3 different costumes that will be shown in this post! We had a busy day. She was caught playing in Daddy's clothes AGAIN, while she was in her black cat and pumpkin outfit.


And Jada spent most of the day in the exersaucer, while I baked. She was a trooper, as always. I gave her a bag of powdered sugar to play with and she was so content. And of course, her tylenol. This is also when she "found her voice". Ever since Halloween she has been squealing and making all sorts of noises, where before she would do that it wasn't constant. I think she'll be a talker! Where did she get that?! :-)

And this is the carrot cake (in the shape of a pumpkin) I made while she played. I also made sweet rolls and sheetcake. I went through over 3 pounds of butter...that's 12 sticks translated! And over 3 pounds of powdered sugar, and lots of sugar! I love to bake, though, and am so glad I have 2 ovens!

The party was at Scott & Chrissy's (Scott is Jason's brother, they live next door) - she decorated so much and the place was decked out! Here is the dessert table - yummy!

I told you it was decked out. Can you believe that? These spiders actually really were scary. I hate spiders and she had them with spiderwebs underneath. Very scary!

And here is our little family! Jason insisted Jada be a pumpkin for her first Halloween. Fine with me. We've got lots of girly costumes in years ahead! So we had to go along with that and be pumpkin farmers! We sure did grow her! This costume was borrowed from Sara (her husband insisted on getting it even though Jacob never fit into it for Halloween) which I liked better than the one we had for her! The stuffing was the best! And kept her warm.

Here is Adam playing with Jada. He was a lumberjack...and his wife is just below here, Kimber, who won my vote for best costume. She just looked the part...and she's pregnant - yay!

Here's the family shot of Sara (and baby), a pregnant nurse, Jacob, a tiger, and John, a mummy! I sure love baby bumps! They are so beautiful - can't wait to have another!

This is great. Chrissy and her son Sushi...aka Matias. I never saw such a cute sushi!

Sara, Jada and I at the party. Dinner was served in pumpkins and it was a fun time.

Here's our original pumpkin costume. She is the cutest pumpkin I've ever seen. She loved to hit the real pumpkin. I get such a kick out of her! This smile is so contagious!
And here is her REAL pumpkin costume! I saw this on Nicole's blog last year...I think it is the cutest idea. She actually didn't mind it at all. The hard part was getting her to look up not inside the pumpkin. I thought she'd not like that it was cold. Jason wanted to heat it up first. Silly. She is tough and held on the whole time. Now I'm gonna cook it and eat it!

She smiles with her tongue lately. What a happy girl she is. We are so blessed!

Have a seat! She balanced on here so well. Daddy takes her for "horsey rides" that have gotten her core so strong.

So after an hour or so of the party everyone split up and went trick-or-treating. We went too, even though we didn't have kids old enough. Jada rode in the stroller and we had fun watching the kiddos say, "Trick-or-treat!"

We have a haunted house close to us. This family is huge into Halloween and put on this maze in their yard. They were so hardcore and had people hiding to scare us. It worked once, then we were watching around the corners. And below that is a huge spider that they had the legs moving up and down. Scariest thing ever. In the dark, with black lights...wow, they worked hard and got tons of patrons. I really don't like spiders. That was awful for me!


And a final recap of Jada's first Halloween. She is our lil' punkin and we love her so much! Many more exciting Halloweens to come!
4 comments:
Love the 3 pumpkin costumes! that last one is pretty creative, never seen it before! Jada is one adorable little girl too (not that you didn't already know that ;-)
Loved the pumpkin shell. It was a fun night.....even after the heart attacks I received at the haunted house.
oh my goodness berg! those are some cute pictures. i love all of her pumkin outfits she just looks adorable in anything. what a sweet girl. i can't wait to have another too.
Bergen! It's great to see your blog and your beautiful family:) It's been such a long time and I think of you often. I hope you and your family are well. You always seem to have fun in whatever you are doing. That is something I admire. I try and keep up with your mom's blog and wish your family the best! Know you are all in our thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment