Monday, November 2, 2009

Jada's latest developments...

Jada is getting so smart and she can't even talk! She can get us to come in her room just to say hello...if she makes noise, it's usually because she's lost her binkie and can't get it back in her mouth, so she can now squawk, as I call it, and squeal to make us think she's lost it. When upon our arrival, a huge smile WITH THE BINKIE IN! She is working the system and we better get ready for much more to come! This is her new favorite toy: a bottle of pain reliever. I took it out one day to see if she liked the rattle sound it made. Oh yeah, she did. She loves to just hold it. Good thing it's child-proof, but soon I'll just make my own with an old bottle and some M&Ms or something! Isn't she the best?The other day I was getting ready and had her in the closet so she could see me. I noticed I didn't hear her for a while, so I went to find her. I was scared for a second because I didn't see her....there's nowhere she could go, where was she? Then I see these little feet. She wasn't making any noise, but her toes were wiggling. I called her name and she jumped instantly. She knew she'd been caught. Just playing under Daddy's shirts.
I had a stomach ache the other day and I put her down to play. Lately she will stay sitting up if I put her like that. When she wants to get something far away, she'll roll to it. I can't believe how far she can get by rolling. I was laying on the couch and talking to her. She wasn't making any noise, so I sat up to see where she was...on the other side of the room, playing with the piano leg.

Silly girl. Soon she'll be playing the keys, too!
And this was so sweet. I was rocking her when she was having a hard day with her teeth hurting. When she sleeps, we swaddle her so tight to keep her arms down and help her stay asleep. Here she had gotten her hand out and made a tight fist and I just loved it. So I went for the camera, while she slept on me. She puts herself to sleep, since we want her to have that skill, so it's usually a quick rock, prayer and song, then bedtime. I have to rock her to sleep from time to time because of her teething pain PLUS she's getting so big so fast and I love that she's still and ALWAYS will be my baby!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Ya, this girl is going to be so fun....she already is. I love her new found voice.......she's making her presence known!