Monday, November 16, 2009

Suprise Trip!

I love these mornings! This is at my parents' house and I can't get enough! In the middle of the island is the Guatemalan flag (representing Colton on his mission) and I got a great one to send to him. Last weekend my brother and I (and Jada-she comes with me) drove to my parents' to SURPRISE them for the weekend! Oh, how lovely it was...so good are we! It was dark, but not late, and we went to open the side door where we saw Mom on the couch. It was locked. So we got the key and walked in...she didn't see us. We softly said "Hi" as not to startle her. She just stared at us, then sat up, put her head in her hands and cried. It was worth all the lies and driving. We had a great weekend and got lots done, too. We wanted to help decorate for Christmas while we were there, and there is tons of decor.

I guess we do look alike. People say that, but this picture shows it. Mom's hair is coming in a little, but it's so cold that she likes to have something on her head. I don't blame her!Here's tree #1...took over 40 strands of lights, Jud was on the ladder and was the "light man". It's the SNOWMAN tree, as you can see. And Jada and I after a long days' work.
Next we have tree #2, the ANGEL tree. It's lovely and elegant. We busted these both out in the same day. Finished this one about 10:30pm. It took over 40 strands - unreal! Yes, there are lights under there. It's very busy and very BRIGHT!
and upclose:
so pretty, huh? My trees are bare compared to these, but we all love Christmas so much!

And I couldn't help but put this on here...Jada and Grama. Mom is doing fine. Today she had a scan of her brain to see how the Gamma Knife Procedure affected the cancer. The results were GREAT! We are so blessed by fasting and prayer and faith. Her tumors have not grown, in fact, some have gotten SMALLER! and the inflammation is going down - our bigger worry right now! Yay! Prayers are answered and we are so pleased with these results. Thank you for your continued faith and prayers.

3 comments:

Momza said...

The trees are beautiful, but your Mom is radiant! I sure hope her health returns quickly and fully. What a sweet daughter you are...she raised you right.

John said...

That's such GREAT news about your mom. And the picture of you and Jada in front of the tree is priceless. Thanks for the wonderful update. I really can't believe how you guys have beat this virulent form of cancer so far. Truly a miracle. (This is Kate) If you have a birthday party for Sarah, I want to know about it. :)

Deb said...

Oh, what a great surprise! I can just picture your mom's face! That makes me smile =)