Monday, February 8, 2010

Cabo San Lucas

First port of call: Cabo



We were walking around before breakfast checking out the view of Cabo. It was kinda cold, so we were in no rush to get off the ship. Orange stroller, BSU, had to represent!



Lovely beach area



These people were dressed as pirates and painted gold and stood like statues. This girl was taking pictures of them and one of them moved a little.....she screamed sooooo loud, like someone had done something terrible. She didn't know they were real. Jason was right behind her and was so mad for the ringing in his ears for a while.



This girl had an iguana and we stopped to ask her where la playa, or the beach, was and she immediately put this stupid thing on Jada! I was so mad! I snapped a picture, and told her to take it off. She left it there for a few minutes. Jason thought it was funny. Come on! Jada didn't care at all, or even notice for the longest time, which was weird for her, but it was pretty hot and she had just woken up from a nap. After a few minutes, she noticed it and grabbed its head with her deadly pincer grasp. I jumped, knowing she was so strong and would make it mad and it would claw her or bite her...and that's when the dumb girl took it off, then wanted money! Idiot! No money for you! I was shaking and so grateful for it not hurting her. Oh the fun of being in Mexico...not.




This was so cute: a little boy was singing to people as we stopped for a bite to eat, and he asked if he could sing for us. I recorded some of it because it was so cute and we had the song in our heads forever afterward. He had a sidesick on the moraccas. Jada loves music. This kid had to be nine years old and his assistant six or seven. Enjoy!


We did find the beach and enjoyed some time learning about the sand. Jada did like it, but the water was very cold, since we were pretty far north, that she cried when it touched her. So we didn't play long. In the background is our ship, the Mariner of the Seas. It was a great ship to be on. Royal Caribbean is our hands-down favorite cruise line! They have so many great amenities, the best food (which is all you do onboard!), and the nicest ships.


Speaking of pirates, there was a crazy ship doing pirate fights for tours as we passed by in our glass bottom boat.


Jas got us this boat ride, we were the only ones on it, a little dinky thing with clear bottoms so you can see the fish. They put food under them so they come close, which was pretty fun. Beats snorkelling! I am not a fan of that, so this was fine.


Here we are in our glass bottom boat, Jada slept from before we got on, for the 40 minute ride around the rock formations and afterwards, too. What a champ! See the elephant drinking water behind us? It's a famous formation. The water here was so clear and bright blue. Loved it! I remember last time we were in Mexico the water was so brown. In Acapulco, it was. I was surprised at how Caribbean it looked here. Beautiful!




On our tour there were lots of sea lions sunbathing. They were so loud, making all sorts of noise. These things are huge!


Trying on Mommy's sunglasses


That night on the way to dinner. A happy girl! Two, I guess!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Looks like you all had so much fun! I'm glad, because it better have been worth leaving me in total silence for 10 days. But the pictures reveal it was worth it.

Nicole M said...

Wow Berg, you look so skinny! What an amazing trip and how fun that little Jada could join you...she's getting so big and she's so cute! Love her little smile. Thanks for the update...I keep checking your blog and since I don't ever get to see you, these pics are all I can go by :) Miss you tons!