Monday, February 8, 2010
Three Words: Va-ca-tion!
This is a little delayed. We returned from our trip on the 31st, but I came down with a nasty sinus infection just after getting the laundry all done, and was down all week. By day 3, the antibiotics kicked in and I was starting to recover. Anyway, here is the rundown. Hope you enjoy!
So this is my sister and her new Hubby, Jean. I didn't get many pictures of them at the reception, so this is the one to document...sorry, Sis! Stacia and Jean were married on January 23rd, which was the beginning of our vacation. Jason got me and Jada a Mexican Riviera Cruise for Christmas and the festivities began right after the wedding. We were off to the airport to get to Los Angeles, where we stayed the night and got onboard our ship the next morning.
Us at the reception
Jada and I on the plane...exactly what it was like: book, binkie, bulb syringe, etc. Anything to keep her entertained. She had quite a hard time with this leg of travel. Her teeth were really hurting, which I thought the Motrin would have handled, but it wasn't until she cried and cried and screamed and SCREAMED that I finally gave her oragel and so ridiculously fast, she zonked out and slept on me the rest of the flight! Why didn't we do it sooner?! Lesson learned. The hard way.
This is out our balcony in LA. It was on the marina. The cruise ship port was a couple miles away on the waterfront, a lovely shuttle took us there.
All aboard! Here we have just gotten on the ship. Hallelujah to unpack once for the week! My favorite way to vacation!
As we pulled out of the harbor, we were in our room, and Jada had already established her favorite place: the window. a perfect view of this neat lighthouse.
There was a crazy dolphin taking pictures with everyone. Why not Jada? She didn't know what was happening, that's for sure.
This is on the top deck, the Sportsdeck. People were playing basketball or volleyball all the time. You can see the rock climbing wall behind it.
And we couldn't help but play the mini golf. It was so windy and Jason cleaned our clocks. I never did get a rematch, but we all know I can putt like the best of them! The turf was so short it was like ice...no mercy. Still fun. There was a rollerblading course I wanted to try, but couldn't get over the germified blades :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
First off.....LOVE THE SHOES! The look worth it all!
I'm so glad your family had fun on it's first vacation together.
can't wait for the double vacations we will take.....and we need to get our matching strollers out for pics one day.
Post a Comment