Sunday, February 7, 2010

Puerto Vallarta

Our third and final port was Puerto Vallarta. We got a taxi to take us to all the touristy places like the cathedral and the lookouts. Then he dropped us off at the beach where we played around and got a ride back to the ship.



Jada just after waking up from a nap. Daddy peeked to see if she was awake and found a deer in the headlights.

One of the lookouts. A beautiful place. It was so very hot there. Over 90 and HUMID. I was done with Mexico by this point.

When I zoomed in from the last picture, I could see our ship in the background. Next to these skyscrapers, you can see how large these ships really are. Ours has 15 floors! Incredible that they float!

We were walking along the beach and didn't really want to stay in the heat, so we found this hotel SHADED pool and took a quick dip. Jada and Daddy in the waterfall.


This was the hotel. We appreciated the non-sandy water experience!


Us as we walked back toward the ship...Jada, of course, asleep in the sling.



How cute is this? I love it.


These are from the night after Puerto Vallarta, Friday. It was formal night onboard and we sure clean up, eh?


The stateroom attendants always leave towel animals when they turn down the bed at night. Here is the chicken they hung from the ceiling. Jada was very afraid.


Look at our bundle of goodness. She was such a dream to cruise with!


Her latest trick is to play peek-a-boo, but we don't say that. I say, "Where's Jada?" and she moves whatever I put over her head to show that she is right there! and then I say, "There she is!" and she loves it. Simple pleasures. She played it with the drapes.

"There she is!"


This is the last of the trip...our layover in Reno. There was a great little corner in the airport with comfy rocking chairs that we made home for a hour or so. Jada needed to stretch out, which made the last leg much better than the first!

And we came home to a new baby! Sara, my friend, had her baby while we were in Reno sitting cozily around our campfire! Jada met her when she was 2 days old. Christa is her name and she is just as sweet as she can be. Her and Jada were so happy to have each other. Jada thought she was so neat.

2 comments:

Lott's of love said...

wahoo what a fun party! I am so glad all went well and you had a great trip together! Tell Sara CONGRATS! So fun! love ya!

Sara said...

1. Everyone knows who your friend Sara is by now ;)

2. Jada is so beautiful....look at those eyes!

3. That chicken is really weird!