Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!


Yes, we love to dress up. This year we were a bun, oven and bun maker = a bun in the oven. Jason worked his magic and built this oven, complete with vinyl glass, burners, dials, a handle out of PVC and even a cord in the back (my tail). He made it a Viking and included the time as 4:12, our due date. He did a great job and we did win best costume at our ward party, which was a bonus. We got the idea from a roommate of mine at BYU...last year they did this and since then I wanted to if I was pregnant over Halloween, so it was fun for us. We've looked forward to this for a while and thanks to Wes & Nicole for letting us use their idea. We were so excited for this costume and fortunately it was adored by many.

Here's the oven closed - bun baking.

And open - Daddy checking on the bun. He doesn't want it to overcook.

Notice Jason's sweet mit and ribbon. What fun we had! And a shoutout to Colonel Sanders - this apron was given to Jason by my mom before we were married. He still treasures it - thanks, Mom!

That's our lovely Halloween this year. We did have fun and next year we'll have a little bun to dress up, too. That will be a blast!

11 comments:

Nicole M said...

You guys did a great job on the oven!! Before you know it, you're little one will be crawling around in a lady bug costume, getting into everything, and sometimes you'll think you liked her better when she was back in the oven!! haha, just kidding. They're so much more fun outside the oven :) Anyway, congrats on winning the contest!!

Sara said...

LOVED it!

Jody said...

I love that idea! How creative. I wish I could have seen you guys, I bet the party was fun. We had a good stake meeting, wish you could have been there too. Congrats on winning best costume!

rick and cheryl said...

So cute! Your costumes turned out so well. Great job!

Cassi said...

Great idea! You guys make a cute couple!

Lindy said...

Love it, guys! What a cute idea for a costume!

Daisha said...

Oh my heck! I love it, you guys look awesome!

Corrigan Law said...

This can all be summed up in one word...WOW. Next year, to save money on a costume, Charlie, Scott and Ryan should be the "the butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker" Rick won't be able to dress up because the NSA will post satellite pictures of him all over the national security offices and it will be too embarrassing for him.

Kari said...

You guys look great! One of these days I'll actually be on the ball and get all of us dressed up. Congrats on the bun!

Joel and Kristie said...

You are the MOST AMAZZZINNGG people I have ever met!! HOW AWESOME are those costumes!!! You ROCK!!

sarahjohn said...

Hello Bergen and Jason. It is Sarah, from BYU-I. I found your blog from Chrissy's and Scott! It is great to see you two doing so well. Good luck with the baby coming, I am about ready to pop myself!