Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hallelujah! It's about time!

We're back! Here are some of the latest events in our lives. Jada, Jada, and more Jada! We love her! She has been such a great baby and we couldn't ask for more. She does smile, when I get in her face and talk silly...for a long time! It usually takes about 15 of "Where's Momma's baby girl?" and then she'll giggle for a few minutes. This isn't the best shot of it, but remember I'm talking silly while trying to catch the smile. very difficult. Love this dress!

And look at this profile. I love her profile, so I grabbed some of that! She is so precious!

And loves to hold on tom Mommy's finger. This is blurry...oh well.

And Daddy holding her, she was hungry and eating her fingers - not unusual for her.
and what is this doing here? Oh, this is the plane Jason jumped out of at 12,500 feet in the air. Yes, he went skydiving. Last minute. Really last minute. Will never do that again. Because I won't let him and he got really dizzy for 2 days! Yay for dizzy and yay that he lived!

His brother invited him. Why on earth (or in the sky) would anyone want to free fall at 120mph with your lips flapping like never before? Absolutely unintelligent and much too risky. Don't ask me how I really feel. I was half asleep when he asked me if he could go and I said no, then finally agreed...then got up and couldn't beleive what I just did, and prayed for the next 3 hours! Crazy.

What more can I say?
She looks like her Daddy, thank goodness.
Drumroll, please...announcing our garden! Jason has done so well working on this. He loves it and has planted several things and it's growing! Last year we planted a few things in bins to transplant over here once our house was done. By the time we moved in they were dead and we never got them in the ground. We've wanted a garden for a long time. In Portland we planted rosemary and some other herbs and it was so nice to have them for cooking. This year we have tomatoes, peppers, jalepenos, squash, watermelon, canteloupe, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some...but it's gonna be great! Salsa, here we come!



And I've stayed out of the heat and have been sewing. I enjoy it and have only made things that are for Jada...burp cloths, blankets, slings. This is a tube sling that was actually easy to do and I love, love LOVE how nice it is to have hands free! Jada loves being in it and right with me. It's a win-win for us and I want to make several to have! Can you see her? She's in there!


Here's me and Jada on Mother's Day! It's so great to have her and to be a mother!

Look at those legs! Love them! Her toes are so long and dainty. She's the best!


She does this a lot with her feet and I adore it. I think she'll be able to climb trees with these toes...stay tuned!

As you can probably tell, we are doing well and love each other and our baby girl! We are so blessed and love all of you, too!

10 comments:

Dani said...

Look at you being super mom already!! Andi has that same white with green and blue polka-dot dress. Isn't it the cutest? I am also in love with those big flower headbands! Where did you find those flowers? I have been looking around at our craft stores here and have yet to find really good flowers. And I am super impressed with your sewing skills. I am very novice, but tempted to try the sling. hmmmm...

rick and cheryl said...

She's beautiful as always. You'll have to teach me how to make one of those slings, very cute. And, now you can help me convince Rick he really doesn't need to go skydiving. Glad you had fun though, Jason (& Scott)!

Cassi said...

Look how great you look after having a baby! She's so cute. And I absolutely love that first green polka dot dress, adorable!

John and Jada McFarlane said...

Cute little baby! You guys look great! I am a little jealous of your garden. I need to try it out, I am just so worried about investing all that time for it to not produce anything.

The Johnston's said...

WHAT!!?!?! You guys had a baby?!?! That shows how totally out of the loop we are! CONGRATS a million times. She is ADORABLE!! Can't wait to see more pics and catch up on things.

Canadiachik said...

Hey Bergen!
CONGRATS on your sweet baby girl!
I came across your blog and was thrilled to see you lovin her and motherhood up. Well deserved!

Dana Robinson

Nicole M said...

Berg!! I keep thinking about you. Hope you're doing well and I love all of these beautiful pictures of Jada!! I just want to hold her. You're such a cute mom and I'm so impressed with your sewing skills! That is such a great skill to have. Anyway, I miss you!! Tell Jason hi and give Jada a big kiss for me. Hope to talk to you SOON!

Jessie's Jargon said...

Berg! It is so great to see how happy you are and how healthy Jada is. I hope to somehow see you in the near future!

Emmett and Ashlee said...

A Chiropractor skydiving? Nice. Jada is so adorable. I wish we lived closer and we could come give her a kiss.

Momza said...

Oh isn't she just a doll? she looks alot like her daddy. So glad all is going well!